MSI Wins 3 Awards for Best Submission in the recent InterManagers Enclosed Safety Space Campaign, 2019
InterManager initiated a campaign on ‘Enclosed Space Safety’. In this 3 month long open survey, seafarers were requested to provide their feedback and opinion as to the causes and possible solutions.
The objective of this campaign was not only to raise awareness amongst people to the dangers by reflecting on ways and means to improve safety, but it was also to look at innovative means to eradicate this bane that has plagued the industry for decades.
With participants coming from diverse backgrounf from vessel operators, managers to over 5000 seafarers from 2500 vessels taking part in this survey, valuable feedback were provided which includes :
• A perceived lack of improvement in the design of vessels with not enough consideration being given to access areas and the people working in them.
• enclosed spaces being hard to reach, are frequently impossible to properly ventilate or to measure the atmosphere conditions.
• allocation of unrealistically tight timeframes for cargo hold and tank preparation;
• adequate protection of seafarers from unrealistic commercial time pressures.
We are pleased to announce that MSI was one of the companies recognized to be taken an active part in this campaign. All the responses were screened by a committee and 12 persons were judged as Safety Leaders for their participation. Amongst those 12 persons awarded, 4 were from MSI...Indeed a proud moment for us:
Our special thanks to :
• Capt. Himadri Shikhar Ghosh, for steering the campaign in MSI
• Capt. Avinash Serafino Carrasco from Maritime Meridian for best submission
• Mr. Sunny Tangappan Kannan from Maritime Meridian for best submission
• Mr. Asokan Exhilan form Maritime Tuntiga for best submission
Capt. Himadri Ghosh was in Manila at the Annual Crew Connect Conference on 21st Nov 2019 to collect the awards on behalf of all the MSI awardees. The award consists of a handsome plaque with the name engraved.
Once again, we would like to thank all of you who participated and congratulate the award recipients. You have made MSI proud!