MSI Best Ship Of the Year 2020
We had initiated the “Best Ship of the Year” Awards in 2019 with one Award each going to a dry and wet ship in the MSI fleet. This year, the “Best Ship of the Year 2020” goes to:
M A R I T I M E K E L L Y A N N E and H A P P Y H E L E N A
While last year were guided by our Mission Statement, this year, we simply cannot ignore the massive disruption that the Covid crisis has brought along. Hence, this year, our slogan has been -
“Partners in Safety in a Disrupted World”
A committee was set up within MSI consisting of Senior Management, Technical, Operation, and HSSQE staff. Data for 2020 in the following categories were used as measuring tools to help us decide on the “Best Ship of the Year”:
1. Personal Injury Cases (LTIF)
2. Non Injury Cases (eg. Navigational incidents. machinery failures, fire, spills, security incidents)
3. PSC Inspections and Detentions
4. Unscheduled Off Hire and claims
5. Vetting or RightShip Inspections– Vessels individual Performance based on inspection Risk Rating.
6. Vessel rejections by Oil Major leading to Loss of business
7. Overdue PMS
8. Compliance with MESPAS Reporting
9. Ship General Appearance – age of ship taken into account and
10. Quality of Near Miss reports submitted
We at MSI would like to congratulate all the Masters and Crew on board these two above mentioned ship, past, and present who have worked hard to make this possible.
We salute you seafarers, who have poured in their heart and soul into their work, accepting the extreme challenges that Covid19 presented and yet came out on top keeping everyone safe, not only from accidents but from Covid infection too.